Kyle and I have been going round and round about making this decision.
While we’re confident in our ability to provide a clean and healthy environment (if you know Kyle and I we are overly diligent), but we feel it’s best to keep the studio closed for a bit until we can better understand the current situation with Covid19 transmission and how to protect against it.
We will run Monday morning classes tomorrow until 1030am (with limited bodies) and then close until March 22nd – we will reassess at that time and if there are more answers and better direction we will obviously re open at the earliest date possible. Camps will be extended an extra week at this time of course 🙂 as will class cards. If it goes beyond will we continue to do that.
We are going to be running some outdoor classes in the basketball court (very limited numbers and availability) and elsewhere (beach/outside the studio) and I’ll be streaming some Zoom and facebook live workouts and recorded workouts – mostly workouts that require just some dumbbells or bodyweight.
As much as we are having a hard time comprehending that this is happening, this is a time to think about PEOPLE and keeping people and their families healthy. As health and fitness people, we need to lead by example.
Frankly this is crappy. We love to exercise and we know you love to exercise – and it’s good for stress, your mindset and your body. And as much as we motivate you, you motivate us too!
Look for announcements on Facebook and Instagram – and of course through constant contact about our streaming live classes. We will have the classes posted on our website and Mindbody scheduler for you to sign up.
We will plan to get at least one video workout recorded for Tuesday camps and one video workout recorded for classes. Please bear with us – neither one of us are AV geeks!
When we do re-open we will need your support to keep us afloat – it’s going to be very hard if we have to shutdown longer than a week and we will be struggling like all small businesses on this island. Some of us will survive and a lot won’t.
Give us some time to figure out the schedule/live training/recorded training. It won’t happen overnight but we’ll do our best to keep you moving and sane during this time. And remember – this too shall pass….
We wish you all the best –
Kathy and Kyle Anne
We want to let you know what we are doing in the wake of the COVID-19 virus … and what you can do to protect yourself and what we’re doing to keep you healthy.
We encourage you to continue your workouts, since regular activity is a part of a healthy and balanced lifestyle.
Moderate workouts lasting an hour or less helps improve your overall immune function – plus they can help you de-stress, which can also help keep your immune system strong.
I also want to let you know that we are taking extra care to help protect our clients.
- We are asking that people avoid wearing their street shoes into workout spaces. This can help avoid tracking in any germs or bacteria. Please bring a separate pair of sneakers that you only wear inside the studio.
- As much as we love high-fives in the studio, we’ll be doing air-high-fives for right now!
- Please wash your hands (up to your elbows) for at LEAST 20 seconds BEFORE and AFTER your workout. We’ve loaded up on soaps, wipes and all things disinfectant.
- Please wipe down every piece of equipment each use (with our provided disinfectant wipes). We have tons of pumps, wipes and every cleaning product known to man in the studio LOL.
- We are stepping up our cleaning schedule. Kyle and I are also cleaning before camps and after.
- And we ask that clients who are sick or not feeling well please stay home. Let your body heal!
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out!
Thank you so much – Kathy and Kyle Anne